Sunday 6 March 2016

PLANTS...so Yum!


Almost any 'traditional'  dish can be made and made deliciously with all vegetables.   A perfect  example is my 'vegetable pot pie'.  I merely made a few adaptations on the classic 'chicken pot pie' recipe that I absolutely loved for years and what you see is the result.   Its beautiful and full of carrots, potatoes, peas, mushrooms,  celery, onion, green beans, sweet potatoe, butternut squash and I think that is it.   Oh and also handfuls of herbs (savorie, thyme, rosemary, sage,  garlic, salt & pepper...really anything works),  and an organic vegetable broth base mixed with a flour rue of sorts to thicken it slightly








I'll leave the crust up to you.  I make my own or sometimes use the frozen 'tasty-flake' ones.
I do not claim this to be 'vegan' but it just might be!
My goal is to try to be completely meat & dairy free which if you know me my biggest challenge is my morning coffee
WITHOUT
CREAM!
I am working on that one and may have found my remedy.
I'll keep you posted on that.

Enjoy the 'pot pie' if you give it a try.
   

No comments: